Hello Y’all so my next interview is with Chocolate City’s Finest Gospel Artist, a very rare talent to reckon with both nationally and globally. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Nosa Omoregie (Rounds of applause)!!!!!!!!
Welcome Nosa !!!!
1) Let’s go to the beginning how it all started, How and when did you start your music career and when did you start doing music professionally?
Nosa: I started singing in the children’s choir at an early age* Professionally I would say, I started in 2007 when I recorded my first song.
2) How did you get signed into chocolate city music group and how’s your relationship with other artists signed on the label?
Nosa: I lived next door to the legend Jeffrey Daniel of d Shalimar fame and he heard my music and introduced me to Audu Maikori the Chocolate City Ceo who was a co-judge with him on Nigerian Idol season 1. Audu heard my songs and decided that I had what it took to be on the label. My relationship with the other chocolate city artistes has always been very cordial and respectful.
3) How did you come about the title of your album, what are your expectations for the album open doors and what’s your favourite track on the album?
Nosa: I thought about a name that would describe an arrival at and access into your destination.
And decided to cone up with that name. I also have a song on the album called Open Doors. The album will not only be a huge blessing to millions, it will inspire others to do good music, It will have a huge impact. I do not have any particular favourite
4) Lots of christians have condemned the act of featuring secular artists by gospel artists and you featured mi abaga on one of your tracks, what do have to say about it?
Nosa: I don’t see anything wrong with that from a professional stand point. As long as the message is not contaminated.
People should not be quick to judge, In the end follow whatever God lays in your spirit no matter how unpopular it may be among Christians.
5) How do you get inspired to write your songs and what’s the message you intend to pass through the album open doors?
Nosa: I look at life as a whole and the different issues we face and I try to address different issues, Love, life, faith, God, circumstances we face and so one. I look to inspire people and address all these areas from my perspective as a Christian.
The open doors album I planned the album to address every area of a man’s existence though the word of God and good music.
6) What’s your own style of music and who are those that inspired your style of music?
Read the rest of this entry →
Hey Y’all i’m back again and this time I have with me one of God’s Generals, A Dynamic Multi Award Winning Gospel Rock Artist, He is a worshipper, Song Writer and Minister Of The Gospel. His name is EBEN (rounds of applause) !!!!!
1) You’ve been married for 7months now, what does it feel like being married, How much has changed about eben as a person?
Eben – It’s been wonderful ever since I got married more blessings and more favour ,indeed “He that findeth a wife findeth a good thing and obtains favour from the Lord.
2) You carry the presence of God when you minister on stage and people are touched and blessed. How do you prepare yourself before you minister on stage?
Eben – I try to find out what the program is about because no two programs are the same then I pray along in that direction usually in tongues(if you know what I mean)..
3) You ministered alongside international great gospel ministers like don moen, cece winans , yolanda adams , donnie mcclurkin at the experience last year. Are you working on a collaboration with any of them?
Eben – When the time is right you’ll hear..
4)How do you handle being an artist and a husband since both positions require your attention?
Eben – Wisdom is profitable to direct but really I just give the best of me in any capacity I am required to perform that way one does not suffer for the other..
5) When should your fans be expecting your next album and what should they be expecting from the album and eben in 2014?
Eben – I am not sure yet if there will be an album for 2014,but we are still praying about it while work is going on, there are powerful songs on ground already ,we just waiting till He says go.
6) When putting together an album, What do you intend to achieve/accomplish and would you say you’ve been able to achieve your set objectives from your previous albums?
Eben – Before I pen down any song or hit the studios, I always want to know the mind of God concerning any move. When He is involved you cannot be ignored. God is passionate about relationship with us and I believe strongly that the “justified” album and the previous ones have all achieved that purpose(fostering worship and relationship with God).
Read the rest of this entry →
Yes Yes Y’all so my very first interview on the blog is with a multi award winning, sensational, dynamic and passionate gospel singer and her name is…… Onos Ariyo (applause) yeahhhh!!!
1) Let’s go back to how it all started for you, When did you start your music career and who are the people that influenced and inspired you?
Onos – Singing for me started at a very tender age way back in delta state where I’m originally from . Been singing in youth choir in church and also in school fellowship even in my university days so I can practically say that singing started for me at age 8, but I recorded my very first single ” DANCE ” 2009 so the music journey as a career actually kicked off from then and I’ve been at it none stop from 2009 till date my first album dropped in 2010 and the sophomore album is dropping this year by God’s grace .
My inspirations have been firstly God , He has been my driving force also the passion for music has also inspired me to keep dreaming and living my dreams , My pastors have been strong influence over my ministry , music wise I grew up listening to the likes of Mary Mary , Fred harmmond, Lauren hill , Yolanda Adams etc their sound kinda influenced me in different ways. I’ve grown over the years and I think at this moment I building a strong ONOS sound.
2) What are the challenges you encounter as a gospel artist and how do you overcome them?
Onos – As an artist generally it is not easy to make music in Nigeria and get it distributed through the appropriate channels like the way it is done abroad a lot of structures are still not yet in place so what we have here is the artist doing the work of a distributor, promoter, marketer etc. when the artist is just meant to concentrate on making music and also being a gospel artist in this environment you will have to work extra hard to get your music out there.
Things can get a lot better if we had more people investing in promoting our music but the good news is the system is not the way it use to be like 5yrs ago there are different means you can now promote your music as an artist using the social media platform.
3) How has gospel music as a ministry been able to win souls to Christ?
Onos – Hmmmmm I believe the reason for “gospel music ” is to share the good news of Christ I strongly believe a lot of my colleagues and myself are doing that with our songs.
4) You are a prolific soul vocalist How do you get inspired to write your songs and how do you train and maintain your vocal quality?
Onos – I read, I get ideas , get inspired from the different things I and people generally go through in life. The different challenges that life throws at you and you overcome through the mercies and grace of God is enough to give you a song to sing that is how i write my songs and also I sing regularly and when the voice is tired I rest the voice take a break from the activity and just chill that is how I maintain my vocal quality.
5) You just released the highly anticipated video for your single Everything has changed, what inspired you to write that song and what’s the message??
Onos – The message of the song is very clear by just listening to the song it is a prophetic sound and it is meant to take the listeners to their next level in very stage or phase of their lives.
My friend who produced the song Wilson Joel created a sample beat and chorus for the song and sent it to me he asked me what I thouht about it, I listened to it and was like yeah it sounds I like what I can jump on so I got into the studio and just sang like I was feeling it and was just speaking into my life because the truth about singing is if you can feel it deeply inside you then someone is surely going to feel it as well and there we have it “everything has changed ” came to life.
Watch the video here
6) What is it about onos that your fans don’t know about you?
Onos – Hmmmmm *thinking* a lot of them definitely don’t know that I love to window shop …. Just sha dey waka round the store dey look cloth plus baby tinz join … LOL!!
Read the rest of this entry →