Hello Y’all so my next interview is with Chocolate City’s Finest Gospel Artist, a very rare talent to reckon with both nationally and globally. Ladies and gentlemen I present to you Nosa Omoregie (Rounds of applause)!!!!!!!!
Welcome Nosa !!!!
1) Let’s go to the beginning how it all started, How and when did you start your music career and when did you start doing music professionally?
Nosa: I started singing in the children’s choir at an early age* Professionally I would say, I started in 2007 when I recorded my first song.
2) How did you get signed into chocolate city music group and how’s your relationship with other artists signed on the label?
Nosa: I lived next door to the legend Jeffrey Daniel of d Shalimar fame and he heard my music and introduced me to Audu Maikori the Chocolate City Ceo who was a co-judge with him on Nigerian Idol season 1. Audu heard my songs and decided that I had what it took to be on the label. My relationship with the other chocolate city artistes has always been very cordial and respectful.
3) How did you come about the title of your album, what are your expectations for the album open doors and what’s your favourite track on the album?
Nosa: I thought about a name that would describe an arrival at and access into your destination.
And decided to cone up with that name. I also have a song on the album called Open Doors. The album will not only be a huge blessing to millions, it will inspire others to do good music, It will have a huge impact. I do not have any particular favourite
4) Lots of christians have condemned the act of featuring secular artists by gospel artists and you featured mi abaga on one of your tracks, what do have to say about it?
Nosa: I don’t see anything wrong with that from a professional stand point. As long as the message is not contaminated.
People should not be quick to judge, In the end follow whatever God lays in your spirit no matter how unpopular it may be among Christians.
5) How do you get inspired to write your songs and what’s the message you intend to pass through the album open doors?
Nosa: I look at life as a whole and the different issues we face and I try to address different issues, Love, life, faith, God, circumstances we face and so one. I look to inspire people and address all these areas from my perspective as a Christian.
The open doors album I planned the album to address every area of a man’s existence though the word of God and good music.
6) What’s your own style of music and who are those that inspired your style of music?
Nosa: I cannot put a particular name to my music. My singing style basically Soul. As for the music as a whole, I blend so many styles. You may call it “world music” because of the varying influences that make up my music. So many different acts inspired me from different parts of the world…
7) What are your hobbies?
Nosa: I like playing video games, watching football, reading, I like watching movies too.
8) What are your challenges as a gospel artist and how do you overcome them?
Nosa: The major challenge for me is the general mindset towards gospel music, from what people think makes a song gospel, to why people think it should be done a certain way, to the acceptance and the response of people to it.
I just go ahead and do things as God lays them in my spirit.
9) In what ways has gospel music as a ministry been able to achieve the primary objective of soul winning?
Nosa: Well music is a powerful tool with which to pass across a message, mindset and even ideology. However I would say almost all the songs that fall under the “gospel” category have done more of “soul building” than soul winning. Any song that wins souls has to carry the convicting power of the Holy Spirit and should be directed outside the church but 95% of the “gospel” songs only minister to those already in Christ.
10) How would you advice upcoming gospel artists as an encouragement and motivation to achieving their God given dreams?
Nosa: Simple. Go for EXCELLENCE. God never suggested less.
11) What’s should your fans be expecting from you after the album release, what’s next?
Nosa: i’ll be touring and promoting the album.
12) Some words of encouragement for christians reading this interview who might be feeling discouraged in their walk with God and being peer pressured to back slide.
Nosa: Your life can only be meaningful with purpose attached to it, And it’s God who reveals our purpose to us, Always ask for grace to ride through the tough paths on our walk with God. Run with the end in mind, which is our assured victory in Christ.
13) And some words of encouragement for Warepamor Sammy’s Blog as it approaches its anniversary.
Nosa: It can only get better, Be focused and culture your passion, you’ll always get inspiration around what you are focused on.
Thank You Nosa ! its been awesome having you on this interview Keep Soaring Higher to Greater Heights, Shine Brighter to the Glory of our God and he will prosper all that you do Amen.
Follow Nosa on twitter @Nosaalways
Follow Nosa on Instagram @Nosalways
Watch Nosa’s Videos
Always Pray For You