All I’ve ever wanted is to be a better person and I’m sure everyone desires to be better than they were in the past.
So I will be sharing with you few tips to becoming a better person.
1) Forgive: Most time people think holding grudges against a person is a way of punishing those who offend them, but that actually happens in the reverse they are actually punishing themselves.
Forgiving frees the mind off the heavy burden of hurt,anger,hatred it sets a prisoner free and later realising the prisoner was you. I know how it feels to be deeply hurt,treated badly and rejected Matt 6:14-15 says” for if we forgive men their trespasses our heavenly father will also forgive us but if we don’t forgive neither will God forgive us our trespasses”.
And a friend once said to us in a gathering back in school,She said “Prepare your mind to forgive even before the hurt comes so that way it will be easier to forgive” Since God forgives us daily let us also forgive others and let the matter go.
2) Be Yourself: There’s way too much of fakery out there,too many people trying to be like,act like and sound like someone else. One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make everyone be like someone else. Be yourself,be original, Be You.
3) Be Humble: Humility takes a man to the top and paves way for him ,so whether at work, at home or at school be humble James 4:10 says “Humbles yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time
4) Self Control: Most times we find ourselves in situations when we are tempted to react offensively not minding who we are hurting by our actions or do things over board.
Having self control puts us in check and will help you to refrain from having certain unhealthy eating patterns,relationships,friendships,refraining from saying certain things even when angry,Someone like me whose anger is as bad as the hulk or even exceedingly more than the hulk,it takes the grace of God to calm me down.
I have realized how bad and messy things could go wrong if I don’t have control over my anger, So I apply self control. Starting it might not be an easy job but with time you can train yourself to have control over your emotions,appetite,anger e.t.c.
5) Be Hopeful: Always look at the brighter side of life, even though things may not be working as you want now and situations around you are unpleasant, be hopeful and expect that better things will come to you, that positive changes will come into your life and in your family. Be hopeful.
6) Put a smile☺ on someone’s face: Sometimes our blessings in life comes as a result of being a blessing first to the next person. A candle never looses its light by giving light to another candle so take your candle go light your world and put a smile on someone’s face.
A word of encouragement or advice,a kind gesture,a simple simple show of concern to know how well the next person is doing can go a long way in putting smiles in the face of the person.
7) Associate With People Who Inspire You: Evil communications corrupts good manners. Avoid the company of people who bring you down with their words,people who live average normal lives and talk down your aspirations,intentions and ambitions.
Stop sharing your dreams,goals and visions with people who would tell you how bigger than you and impossible your ambitions are.
In Gen 37:5-20 Joseph told his “brothers” his dreams,they were filled with envy and jealous,they hated him and planned to kill him to ensure his dreams doesn’t come to pass. Associate with people who bring out something good in you
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and these tips are useful to you. Warepamor Sammy